Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This looks easy and good. She makes hers a little differently.
- 5 -6 cups frozen sliced peaches
- 2 1⁄4 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, a couple of pinches
- 1 pinch salt
- golden raisin, a couple of handfuls
- sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place frozen peaches in an 8 by 8 glass baking dish defrost in microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- While the peaches are defrosting, make the cobbler topping.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix with a 1/2 cup of water, stir until thoroughly combined but do not overwork.
- In another bowl combine 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, pepper, a pinch of salt and raisins.
- Remove peaches from the microwave and combine with the sugar mixture in baking dish.
- Top the seasoned peaches with biscuit mix, use your fingers to press out until even.
- Top the biscuit mix with almonds.
- Mix remaining cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the biscuits.
- Bake until cobbler top is firm and lightly golden and peaches are bubbly and hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm as is or with ice cream and whipped cream if you have some on hand.