Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is directly from More Lean and Luscious though I usually add way more peaches.
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 medium peach
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except peach. Peel and chop peach into the cream and enjoy.
- The cream can also be chilled for later use. According to the recipe you can use 1/2 cup canned unsweetened peaches, or frozen thawed peaches, but I'm from Georgia and that just wouldn't do. I insist on tree ripened peaches that spill juice down your arm as you eat them.
What a cool satisfying summer dessert! I did not have any almond extract, but it was good anyway. Thanks for sharing!
Wanting to satisfy my cravings for something cool and creamy, I found this recipe in my collection of points friendly snacks. I began my parfait with a 6 ounce container of fat free vanilla yogurt to which I added the almond and cinnamon. The results were luxurious and added a new level of flavor to my common yogurt and fruit snack. Thanks!
This made for a nice afternoon snack. I personally am not very fond of the taste of splenda, so I think I would use honey the next time I try this. I didn't have hardly any almond extract either, so I'll have to get that before I try this again. I left the skin on the peach because I like it and saw no reason to take it off. Thanks for a nice recipe!