Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick and easy dessert to make when u want something quick and doesn't take a lot of time to make. This recipe came from a friend of mine. Note: Any fruit can be substituted (cherries, pear, apple, blackberry). If u can't find the sliced, you can can buy the halves and slice them or u can use fresh and parboil them in water until they boil. Then cut the fire off and put peaches and water into pan and follow the directions. The small cans of peaches, you will need 4 cans for a 13x9 pan to make 1 pie. The large cans you will need 2 cans for 1 pie. The extra large size that u can get at any warehouse club makes 2 pies.
- Put Peaches in a 13x9 pan or 8x8 square pan (if you use the 8x8 pan halve all ingredients).
- Add the 1/4 cup of sugar(no more than this as the pie sweetens itself), cinnamon, nutmeg and mix into the peaches with a spoon.
- Empty the complete box of cake mix on top of the peaches mixture.
- Smooth the cake mix across the top with a knife or spatula.
- Cut butter or margarine into pats and cover cake mix completely.
- Cook in a 375 degrees oven for 45 minutes.
- If done the knife will come out clean when stuck in the middle.
- If u still see some of the yellow cake mix on the knife, let it cook for another 5 minutes or ten minutes no longer.
- Depending on what kind of oven you have sometimes you have to let it cook 5 or 10 minutes longer.
- Watch it if you have to do this . It will be brown not burnt when done.
- This is very good with ice cream.
This reminded one diner of a heirloom recipe made by his mom. He was happy so 5 stars. I cut the margarine back to 1 stick (1/2 cup) and sliced thinly to cover the top. That reduction was probably the reason I wished for more liquid in the final product, but I simply couldn't bring myself to add that much oil. The dessert has more of a strusel like top and the peaches were nicely spiced. I'll use the recipe again, but add additional liquid (maybe peach nectar?) to the peaches. Thank you for sharing the recipe!