Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This might be helpful when a kid sits staring at his helping of peas ...! Nice and easy! Adjust to your taste.
- 453.59 g peas, frozen (500 g)
- 89.90 ml of fresh mint, chopped up (100 ml)
- 89.90 ml fresh parsley, chopped up (100 ml)
- salt (1/2 teaspoon if using flaky sea salt)
- 14.79-29.58 ml cream, fresh (15 - 30 ml)
- Steam the peas without water if they're still frozen. I prefer the young, tender peas. Drain the peas in a sieve after cooking.
- Drain, put into food processor, and add the mint, parsley and salt.
- Depending on the consistency of the pea puree, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh cream, or more if you like.
- Ground nutmeg is an optional extra seasoning. Depending on taste, you might want to add more mint or/and parsley. This is a nutritious side dish.
- Great as a side with roast chicken or lamb.
This dish was a pleasant surprise - I expected it to be good but it's great! I used just a little lowfat milk to get the consistency I wanted. The mint and parsley made the peas taste so fresh and light. I didn't add nutmeg but did add a nice sprinkling of black pepper. Thanks for sharing the recipe!