1/3 Photos of Quick Pasty Pie
Tee Lee's Note:
This is my much quickened version of a pasty, put into pie form. For those who are unfamiliar with pasties, they are a pastry filled with meat, potatoes and onions, then folded into a half-circle. I live in an old mining town and these are still popular from the old days when the men would take them in their lunch boxes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Place crust in an 8-inch pie pan and press into bottom of pan.
- 3In a large bowl, thoroughly combine hash browns, ground beef, shredded onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and carrots (if using).
- 4Place filling into the pie pan and top with second pie crust.
- 5Seal edges of crusts together and cut vents into the top crust.
- 6Bake for 50-60 minutes or until meat is cooked through (I use a meat thermometer).
- 7Serve topped with beef gravy or ketchup, if desired.
- 8***TIP - to prevent the edges of the pie crust from browning to quickly, wrap aluminum foil around the edges of the pie before baking, then remove with 20 minutes left.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Pasty Pie
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.0
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 334.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 22.6 g