Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was on the back of a can of Delmonte Stewed tomatoes. It is a quick fix and alot cheaper than the jarred sauce. Plus it tastes more homemade.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Italian Recipe w/garlic, basil and oregano)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- In a blender puree stewed tomatoes until smooth.
- Add pureed tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic powder, and italian seasoning to a pot and let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve over you favorite pasta.
Great sauce and so simple to make its going onto my "quick meals" list. My tastebuds find Italian seasoning to be very strong, so I only used 3/4 teaspoon plus I used the 2 teaspoons of garlic powder. I served over spaghetti along with freshly grated parmesan and it was perfect. Might try it next time with turkey meatballs.
Good sauce; I did add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
Like ms_bold I served this with Spinach Meatballs and it was wonderful! I used two teaspoons of both the seasoning and added some salt....perfect! Next time I think I will add some sauted onions and red wine and see how that works. Great recipe!!