Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great pasta sauce that doesn't need to simmer for hours to taste great!
- 2 (32 ounce) cans plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 head garlic (sliced)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup kraft parmesan cheese
- 1 cup red wine
- fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in pan, add sliced garlic until brown.
- Add tomato paste and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes(which have been put through a sieve, pulp removed), parmesan cheese, red wine, and a hand full of fresh basil ripped in pieces.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then simmer about 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
As advertised, this was a very very tasty sauce, quick to make! I used crushed tomatoes and it turned out good with those. We liked it very much and will have it again. Thanks!