Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love this because it's quick, easy, and delicious!! The spinach isn't too strong, so it's a great way to add greens to your menu.
- 1 lb pasta, your favorite (I like shells or penne)
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cleaned and sliced thinly (you can omit the spinach and use 1/2 c. fresh basil)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Boil pasta according to directions; drain.
- Brown Italian sausage in large skillet; drain excess fat.
- Put tomatoes, spinach, garlic, pepper in skillet; simmer until tomatoes are soft.
- Add pasta and sausage.