Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I pared this recipe down from another one on here to suit a faster preparation. This is still wonderful!!! And of course, even better the next day! Any small shape pasta will work - I like the small shells.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 425.24 g can white kidney beans, drained (or any bean)
- 473.18 ml beef stock (or more as needed)
- 7.39 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml parsley
- 0.25 ml Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 737.08 g jar spaghetti sauce (or larger)
- 113.39 g small shape pasta, cooked and drained
- Brown ground beef in large pot.
- Drain any grease.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes (or more as desired).
- Adjust amount of liquid by adding additional beef broth if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and heat through.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
I left out the ground beef in order to make this vegetarian, so I added extra beans to the pot. I also used a 19 oz can of tomatoes, so it was a bit to acidic( my fault), so I added 4-5 Tblsp of brown sugar to cut the acidity. I also added corn, peas and carrots to the pot. This was excellent and easy to make. Thanks for the recipe
Great recipes, and very easy to fix. Can be made in less than 45 Minutes including prep
This was really great! Just what I had in mind when I decided I wanted Pasta E Fagioli for dinner. I added 3 stalks of chopped celery and the whole onion and cooked them along with the ground beef I was browning. I also omitted the Tobasco because I used spicy spaghetti sauce. Thanks Charmie!