Recipe by Charmie777
I pared this recipe down from another one on here to suit a faster preparation. This is still wonderful!!! And of course, even better the next day! Any small shape pasta will work - I like the small shells.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
I left out the ground beef in order to make this vegetarian, so I added extra beans to the pot. I also used a 19 oz can of tomatoes, so it was a bit to acidic( my fault), so I added 4-5 Tblsp of brown sugar to cut the acidity. I also added corn, peas and carrots to the pot. This was excellent and easy to make. Thanks for the recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained (or any bean)
- 2 cups beef stock (or more as needed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (or larger)
- 4 ounces small shape pasta, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large pot.
- Drain any grease.
- Add remaining ingredients except pasta and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes (or more as desired).
- Adjust amount of liquid by adding additional beef broth if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and heat through.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.