Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Betty Crocker. Quick, easy and healthy!! Nice meatless meal by itself with a salad. Or even as a side dish to grilled cheese!!
- 1 cup salsa
- 2⁄3 cup elbow macaroni (uncooked, about 2 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups red kidney beans
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- Heat all ingredients except cheese to boiling in 10-inch nonstick skillet.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
This was so easy to make and I already had all of the ingredients on hand. I used salsa verde and I only had a block of pepper jack cheese so I grated that at the end. I garnished with some scallions (like I usually do) and this was great!! We had a small green salad with this for a lunch. Thanks Charmie for sharing this recipe!!