Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from the Quick, Easy & Delicious Collection by International Masters Publishers.
- 4 (6 ounce) strip steaks, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat; add steaks.
- Sear steaks for 3 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in apple juice; cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into skillet.
- Add beef broth.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and thyme.
- Drizzle sauce over steaks and serve immediately.
Sauce is easy and tasty. Thanks for sharing!
This was very quick and extremely tasty. Have used the recipe twice now and it is always a hit!