Recipe by BecR
A quick and delicious one-pan comfort meal, resplendent with savory autumnal flavors of apples and sage. A family favorite! Start to finish is less than 30 minutes--perfect for a busy weeknight! I like to serve with mashed potatoes or clapshot (shown with carrot clapshot) and green beans. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs chicken livers
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes (or 1 medium onion, thinly sliced)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok, saute chicken livers and onions on medium-high heat for 10 minutes (NO oil or butter needed).
- Add chopped apples and seasonings. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10-15 minutes more or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, and serve immediately. Goes great with sides of real home-made mashed potatoes and green beans!