Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Southern Living.
- 3⁄4 cup baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) catfish fillets (each fillet weighing about 4-6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lemon wedge
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Pat catfish fillets dry with paper towels; brush both sides of each fillet evenly with Ranch Dressing.
- Dredge in cornmeal mixture; lightly press cornmeal mixture onto fillets.
- Cook catfish in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
This is now my hubby's favorite way for me to cook catfish!