Recipe by Sue Lau
An easy cheater's method for a French type of pastry that makes a great breakfast, or anytime. You know what they say: PAIN IS GOOD!
Top Review by MinxyMummyUK
Super easy,and super yummy! Even my son (who helped me make it) who will never touch a croissant woofed this down! I only made 2,but will be using the left over ganache as icing for a chocolate cake. Thanks for posting something so quick and delicious!
- 4 plain croissants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
For the ganache
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (or could use morsels)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl.
- Heat cream until it just starts to boil; pour over the chocolate.
- Stir until the chocolate melts and is well blended.
- Let cool until ganache thickens and achieves a spreadable consistency; chill slightly if necessary.
- Spread ganache on bottom halves of croissants; reassemble tops and dust lightly with powdered sugar.