Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is very Quick & Easy to make, Includes Chicken, Italian sausage & Shrimp with all the other good stuff.
- 8 ounces Italian sausage, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefrozen cooked peeled and cleaned medium shrimp, thawed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Saute the first 5 ingredients (sausage through garlic) in a large skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until just cooked.
- Add the next 5 ingredients (tomatoes through crushed pepper) and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and shrimp and return to a boil.
- Cover, Remove from heat and let stand 5 to 10 minutes until rice is tender.
- Stir in lemon juice JUST before serving.
I had some leftover rice, and no peas so used a can of green beans. Easy, quick and tasty
This made for a nice light Sunday night dinner. The only thing I did different is to cook some regular long grain rice separately and add it at the end. I am not fond of Minute Rice. Otherwise, was very tasty and quick and I will certainly make this again. Thanks, Barb.