Recipe by herby
Traditional Spanish Paella made quick.
Top Review by WizzyTheStick
Added chopped onion and red and green bell peppers. I used brown rice instead of white. The colour of the rice wasn't very outstanding so next time I'll add a few drops of yellow food colouring. My rice was slightly soggy but getting the ratio of liquid to brown rice takes some practice so I don't fault the recipe for this. It's just a matter of experience. This was is a flavourful one pot meal that was fairly easy to throw together and was enjoyed by everyone.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb peeled shrimp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 lb sea scallops
- 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas and corn, thawed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (save juice)
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half the oil over medium heat in a large fry pan. Add the shrimp to the oil and saute until the shrimp turns pink.
- Remove shrimp and add a little more oil and saute the scallops for 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove scallops and repeate saute with the chicken.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan and cook over low heat until the onion is light brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, saffron, paprika and hot sauce and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat grains well.
- Stir in chicken broth and tomato juice and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, scallops and chicken. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and peas and continue to cook over low heat until rice is light and fully cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.