Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Epicurious. Delicious!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peppers and onions (6 oz)
- 1⁄4 lb kielbasa, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (not low-fat)
- 2 cups long-grain minute rice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (10 fl oz)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crumbled saffron thread
- 20 frozen cleaned medium raw shrimp
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mussels (cleaned and scrubbed) or 1 1⁄4 lbs hard-shelled clams (cleaned and scrubbed)
- 1⁄2 cup small pimento stuffed olive
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until just smoking, then sauté garlic and frozen onions and peppers, stirring, until garlic and onions are golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add kielbasa and cook, stirring, until kielbasa is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice, wine, broth, saffron, and shrimp and cook, covered and undisturbed, over high heat until most of liquid is absorbed and shrimp are cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in cockles, peas, and olives and cook, covered, until cockles open wide, 2 to 4 minutes. (Discard any cockles that remain unopened after 4 minutes.)
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.