Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quicker version of the classic. My family loves it!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 lbs beef, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1.5 (1 ounce) envelopes onion soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Heat oil in a large pot on low heat.
- Place flour, salt, and pepper in a gallon sized zip-lock bag. Add the beef and toss until all pieces are well-coated.
- Place all pieces of beef in hot oil and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add water, broth, soup mix, mushroom soup, and worcestershire sauce. Bring to a slow boil, stirring so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add egg noodles and peas,stirring until well mixed.Liquid should almost cover the ingredients, if not, add a litle more water.
- Bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream to finish.
Yummy! I used some leftover roast so this went together very quickly. Simple and great flavor. Thanks bakedapple42 for a nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Great recipe! Very quick and easy to make.