Recipe by MathMom.calif
Got this idea off of the MyFoodDiary.com forums. High in protein and fiber. A nourishing, filling breakfast for one that is quick. I'd like to try it some time with regular oats instead of instant ones (maybe quick cooking) and see how that comes out.
Top Review by berry271
My husband is not currently eating wheat, so I thought this would be a good pancake substitute. We both enjoyed it and it was pretty filling. I also liked that these pancakes are easier to flip than traditional ones.
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet instant plain oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water, approximately
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a small skillet with vegetable oil and put it on the stove top at medium-high to heat.
- Scramble egg with a fork in a cereal bowl.
- Open instant oatmeal packet and add it to the egg, mixing it in .
- Add enough water to make the consistency right for pancake batter, about 1 tbsp more or less.
- Pour into the skillet to form one large pancake. Turn heat down to medium. When edges begin to look dry and bubbles start to form on the top, flip with a spatula (about 2 minutes?). Cook on the other side for one to two minutes until done.
- Serve with condiments such as butter and maple syrup, or spread with peanut butter or yogurt and top with fresh fruit.