Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another bar cookie recipe that my family loves.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Prehaet oven to 350.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, sugar, syrup, eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add one cup peanut butter and mix.
- Stir in flour, oats and salt.
- Spread in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In saucepan combine 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup water and heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup peanut butter and cocoa and mix.
- Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Pour over bars and spread evenly.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Great bars! We really liked the flavor, and they are incredibly chewy! Just great!! The only change I will make next time is to use part brown sugar instead of all white sugar, otherwise these bars are just delicious as written! Thanks, I will be making these often! Made for Newest Zaar Tag