1/3 Photos of Quick Oat Bran and Banana Muffins
A delicious way to add healthy oat bran to your diet. I like the chopped bananas in these, rather than the usual mashed, as I like running across the small bits of banana. This is a recipe from Bon Appetit that I have changed somewhat to suit my taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F; grease 12 (1/3 cup) muffin cups or use muffin liners.
- 2Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Put milk, oil, egg and vanilla in medium bowl and whisk to blend.
- 4Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined; mix in banana, being careful not to overmix.
- 5Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 6Bake about 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into centers of muffins comes out clean.
- 7Transfer to rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Oat Bran and Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g