Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can use whatever kind of nuts you like, I like walnuts but pecans, pistachios, they work as well.
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl stir together the sugar, splenda, oil and egg. Stir in milk until blended.
- Add all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and stir until just combined. Fold in the nuts.
- Spoon batter into the loaf pan. Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the loaf for 15 minutes before serving.
- For easier slicing you can refrigerate the loaf once it is fully cooled before serving.