This naan is ready in 40 minutes! I like this recipe better than Easy Naan (Bread Machine). For best results, follow directions carefully. They seem long but aren't, I am just describing what I saw on TV exactly. UPDATE: Made this with sour cream instead of yogurt. Much, much better!!
- If the yogurt is cold, heat it for 15 seconds in the microwave.
- Add ingredients to your bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
- After 5 minutes, check your dough (see NOTE).
- After another 5 minutes (10 minutes total in the machine) take the dough out and divide into 8 pieces. Turn each piece in flour, cover, and allow to rest on a tray for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your oven to 500°F.
- If you have a pizza stone, allow it to heat in the oven, otherwise, put heat-resistent metal cooling racks in the oven. Baking sheets do not work very well.
- With your fingers, flatten each piece of dough into a tear-drop shape, 1/2 inch thick.
- Moisten hands, then turn naan briefly in your hands to moisten it, and place it on the stone/rack; bake for about 4 minutes.
- Brown tops using the broiler.
- Wrap naan in a towel while you make the rest.
- NOTE: Dough should be somewhat sticky, and you might get a small amount stuck to your finger. It shouldn't stick to the pan at all. If it isn't sticky enough, add 1 T water. If it sticks to the pan, add 1 T flour, till you reach the correct consistency.