1/1 Photo of Quick Naan (Bread Machine)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If the yogurt is cold, heat it for 15 seconds in the microwave.
- 2Add ingredients to your bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
- 3After 5 minutes, check your dough (see NOTE).
- 4After another 5 minutes (10 minutes total in the machine) take the dough out and divide into 8 pieces. Turn each piece in flour, cover, and allow to rest on a tray for 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, heat your oven to 500°F.
- 6If you have a pizza stone, allow it to heat in the oven, otherwise, put heat-resistent metal cooling racks in the oven. Baking sheets do not work very well.
- 7With your fingers, flatten each piece of dough into a tear-drop shape, 1/2 inch thick.
- 8Moisten hands, then turn naan briefly in your hands to moisten it, and place it on the stone/rack; bake for about 4 minutes.
- 9Brown tops using the broiler.
- 10Wrap naan in a towel while you make the rest.
- 11NOTE: Dough should be somewhat sticky, and you might get a small amount stuck to your finger. It shouldn't stick to the pan at all. If it isn't sticky enough, add 1 T water. If it sticks to the pan, add 1 T flour, till you reach the correct consistency.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Naan (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 370.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g