Recipe by najwa
This naan is ready in 40 minutes! I like this recipe better than Easy Naan (Bread Machine). For best results, follow directions carefully. They seem long but aren't, I am just describing what I saw on TV exactly. UPDATE: Made this with sour cream instead of yogurt. Much, much better!!
Top Review by GojiBerry
Made fantastic naan that was easy and authentic! It puffed up well in the oven and tasted even better fried on a non stick pan at a very hot temperature. I substituted 2 tsp sugar for the honey.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- If the yogurt is cold, heat it for 15 seconds in the microwave.
- Add ingredients to your bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions.
- After 5 minutes, check your dough (see NOTE).
- After another 5 minutes (10 minutes total in the machine) take the dough out and divide into 8 pieces. Turn each piece in flour, cover, and allow to rest on a tray for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your oven to 500°F.
- If you have a pizza stone, allow it to heat in the oven, otherwise, put heat-resistent metal cooling racks in the oven. Baking sheets do not work very well.
- With your fingers, flatten each piece of dough into a tear-drop shape, 1/2 inch thick.
- Moisten hands, then turn naan briefly in your hands to moisten it, and place it on the stone/rack; bake for about 4 minutes.
- Brown tops using the broiler.
- Wrap naan in a towel while you make the rest.
- NOTE: Dough should be somewhat sticky, and you might get a small amount stuck to your finger. It shouldn't stick to the pan at all. If it isn't sticky enough, add 1 T water. If it sticks to the pan, add 1 T flour, till you reach the correct consistency.