1/1 Photo of Quick N' Tasty Chicken Tacos
This is a tasty taco recipe developed to use cold, leftover chicken. Light and fresh-tasting. If you want a more traditional taco, you could heat up the chicken, but I like the chicken best at room temperature or slightly cool. This will make more salsa than you need for the tacos, but it's great with tortilla or pita crisps to snack on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken is very tasty in this)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes or 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup seedless cucumber, minced
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1Combine the chicken, lemon juice, chili powder, cumin and oregano in a small bowl.
- 2Make sure the spices mix into all the chicken. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to assemble your tacos.
- 3Make Pineapple-Jalapeño Salsa: Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- 4Note: I cut the cherry tomatoes in half and give them a gentle squeeze to get rid of excess juice and seeds, then chop them up.
- 5Assemble Tacos: Fill the taco shells with chicken and salsa. Top with your favourite taco fixings.
- 6Lean over plate. Take a big bite. Doesn't that taste good?
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick N' Tasty Chicken Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 272.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 29.3 g