Top Review by Judielise
This was really very good! I was skeptical because of the sour cream, but since I didn't have heavy cream in the house, I tried this. It came together and tasted great! I like the twang of the sour cream, and I added 1 cup of parmesan cheese (the bottled kind). With real parmesan cheese, I can see this having a deeper taste, but bottled was all I had on hand. I love that this has less butter, so the end result was creamy w/o the added oil. But because of maybe that lack of extra oil, I had to thin the sauce a little bit (I like my alfredo sauce a little thinner than most). I used soy creamer (yes!), but you could have used half and half or milk. I added extra cracked pepper instead of crushed red pepper flakes and threw in a 1/4 tsp of finely chopped onion because I had to use it up. Very tasty! I had shrimp, bacon and peas over capellini with this sauce and it was just right! My oldest son loved it, my sister took home the leftovers! Definitely going in the tried and true cookbook.
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (do not use non-fat)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cracked pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saucepan and add sour cream slowly, stirring constantly.
- Shake in Parmesan cheese while stirring until sauce thickens.
- Add cracked pepper to taste. Add optional crushed red pepper for a fiery twist. Pour over pasta & serve immediately.
- This is enough sauce for two normal servings of pasta.
- Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc. depending on servings.