- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers, wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, wedges
- 1 cup sliced onion, separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 Italian rolls, split lengthwise, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausages; cook 12 minute or until cooked through (170ºF), turning after 6 minute.You can also BBQ the sausages.
- Remove sausages from skillet; cover to keep warm. Drain skillet.
- Add peppers, onions,garlic and dressing to skillet; cook and stir 5 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes. Bring to boil; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Cut sausages lengthwise in half, being careful to not cut all of the way through to bottom of each sausage.
- Open sausages; place, cut-sides down, on bottom halves of rolls.
- Top evenly with pepper mixture and cheese. Cover with top halves of rolls.
- Optional:Place sausage on bun; spoon on sauce. Top with cheese and microwave or place under broiler until cheese is melted.