Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Kraft Canada.You can add more or make less.Very easy and super good.
Make and share this Quick 'n Easy Sausage on a Bun recipe from Food.com.
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers, wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, wedges
- 1 cup sliced onion, separated into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 Italian rolls, split lengthwise, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheese
- Heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausages; cook 12 minute or until cooked through (170ºF), turning after 6 minute.You can also BBQ the sausages.
- Remove sausages from skillet; cover to keep warm. Drain skillet.
- Add peppers, onions,garlic and dressing to skillet; cook and stir 5 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes. Bring to boil; cook 5 min., stirring occasionally.
- Cut sausages lengthwise in half, being careful to not cut all of the way through to bottom of each sausage.
- Open sausages; place, cut-sides down, on bottom halves of rolls.
- Top evenly with pepper mixture and cheese. Cover with top halves of rolls.
- Optional:Place sausage on bun; spoon on sauce. Top with cheese and microwave or place under broiler until cheese is melted.
Easy; fast; tasty; not too expensive; everyone likes it ! We had leftover sauce and put it on just about everything we ate until it was gone... very good recipe, thanks !!
Very good weeknight supper sandwich. We used turkey Italian sausages with wonderful results. Thanks for sharing this keeper!