Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a regular at our house, for now, with a near on 2 year old I use smooth peanut butter and add crushed peanuts to the adults meals. This is kid friendly so add some fresh or dried chili if you like a kick. I also use this with diced beef
- 500 g diced chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or oil of choice)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, sliced
- 425 g coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons kikomans soy sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 2 cups stir fry mixed vegetables, frozen
- Brown onion, capsicum and chicken together in oil, add the rest of the ingredients and stir till combined, cook on low heat until chicken is done.
- Add the veggies and cook for further 3-4 minutes until they are heated through.
- Serve on rice.
This recipe was delicious, easy, and very flavorful! I made this with boneless chicken thighs instead of breasts because that is what my family prefers. The peanut butter and Thai seasonings gave this a flavor that was similar to a dish that I had at a local Thai restaurant at a much more reasonable price! I will definitely add this one to my regular meal rotation as a quick lunch or dinner! Thanks happygurl06! I made this for Spring PAC 2009.