Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have used this recipe for many years and my family loves it, especially my husband. I think I got the recipe off of a crisco can when they still used paper wrapping on the cans.
- Drain salmon; set aside 2 TBSP of the juice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix salmon, egg and onion until sticky.
- Stir in flour.
- Add baking powder to salmon juice and stir into salmon mixture.
- (Don't mix baking powder and juice and add until you are ready to start cooking the patties, otherwise it will become flat).
- Form into small patties and fry until golden brown (about 5 minutes) in hot crisco.
- Serve with tartar sauce (optional).
According to the family, borderline fish eaters, and the head cook and bottle washer who is a confirmed fish hater, this was the best d@mned fish we ever had. Looks like Salmon Patties are going into "cook often" file. Was really easy too. I took a chance and used baking powder, as listed in the ingredients. The instructions said "soda" so I wasn't sure which was a typo. The baking powder worked fine so I assume that is what you meant. Thanks for a great recipe!
Rosemary,I really liked your salmon pattie's,the only thing I did different is I cooked them in olive oil& butter only because I like the butter flavor.Thanks for the recipe!!
This is an awesome recipe. My family loves these Salmon Patties! I also add 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning, it just adds that extra pop! I also love the high protein count! All an added plus! Thanks for sharing this Great recipe!