Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great pick me up for the cold days of winter and so easy and quick to put together. The bacon gives an added taste dimension.
- Cook bacon in saucepan until almost done.
- Stir in onion, celery, carrots and garlic and cook until almost tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth and beans and heat to boiling.
- Stir in pasta and cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or til done.
- If soup becomes too thick, add a little water.
Deliscious thanks for posting.
Ridiculously easy to make and super yummy. The bacon, carrots, and onion lend a sweet flavor to the soup that is quite nice. i used ziti because that was all i had. i also added some black pepper. It even reheats well. Thanks for the recipe!
This was an excellent soup. I doubled the recipe. I did use some help from using precooked bacon, julliened carrots. I used ditalini pasta. I made one addition. I had a pound of turkey smoked sausage that needed to be used up, so I half mooned it and added it. This was a very healthy and nutritous soup. Everyone that ate it, enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing this recipe. I also submitted a photo.