Recipe by Marie
A real quick Paella featuring Italian sausage, shrimp, and peas in a tomato based rice. Absolutely delish and only one pan to wash! Found on the internet.
- 2 Italian sausages, with casings removed (about 6oz)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 10" nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add crumbled sausage and cook until browned.
- Remove to bowl with slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add rice to drippings in skillet& cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and water; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover skillet and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Crush tomatoes and add to skillet with sausage.
- Cook until most of liquid is gone.
- Add shrimp and bring back to boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peas; cover and cook until shrimp turn opaque and peas are heated through.