Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for when you need to get dinner to the table fast!
- 1 lb ground beef, salted & peppered
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- Form ground meat into small meatballs and fry in frying pan until all sides are brown.
- Pour off most of fat and add, mushroom soup, water& onion soup mix.
- Simmer until gravy is thickened.
- Serve over rice or cooked noodles.
I'm also one who read the recipe and went a little askew, because I didn't print it or have my computer in the kitchen. I'm a messy cook and that does not go well with a laptop. :) I used 1 can of mushroom soup, 1/2 packet of onion soup mix (to hold back a little too much flavor for my son,and skim milk (just forgot if it was milk or water, but hey, skim milk is pretty much water!). Made for delicious dinner that was quick and easy as I used my own turkey meatballs that I make in large quantities and freeze when I make meatloaves. I had some leftover light mac and cheese and steamed some fresh broc. and carrots.
Unfortunately, my mom wasn't feeling well, so it was just dad and my son. I had mushrooms sliced and ready to mix into hers separately.
Thanks for a great go-to meal. I'm usually pretty picky about wanting to do everything from scratch, but have enjoyed a few meals for ease...this is def. one!
This was a good, easy meal- my family (including 2 toddlers) liked it. We served it over egg noodles
Nice and easy. My boys loved these and it didn't take hardly any time. I served over mashed potatoes, mmmmmm.