Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An Aussie classic! So easy and fast and yummy! Everyone does theirs differently; mine is from the text book every Aussie kid uses for Home Ec in high school, Cookery the Australian Way. If you like a thick slice, double the recipe! Hope you like it!
- Grease lamington pan/slice tray.
- Melt butter and sugar together, stir in cocoa.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and coconut.
- Add egg, then walnuts and cherries.
- Mix in biscuit crumbs; press into pan and refrigerate until firm and cooled, only needs about an hour.
- You can ice this with chocolate icing if you wish; I prefer to leave it plain and press some extra shredded coconut on top before refrigerating!
So quick and easy to make, Love it. Great recipe to satisfy those chocolate cravings. This recipe is perfect as is. I iced my first one and found it far too sweet. If you wish to do some icing I think a melted dark chocolate drizzled over it would be nice, but I love this recipe uniced. Thanks for posting .
This was really lovely - although very similar to my mums and I was looking for something different which i though this was - not that this wasnt delcious however. Next time i would line the pan with baking paper or grease proof papaer as i had a tough time getting them out - until i discovered my eggslice lol. THanks for posting. Miss Pixie x x x :D
this was exactly what i was looking for, i didn't have or like glace cherries so i swaped them for dried apricots which i pre soaked and changed the nuts for white chocolate chunks. This was a huge hit with the kids.