Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Kid-friendly & Mom-easy skillet meal. I made this for lunch for our Daycare kids today & it passed the "picky-test".
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope turkey gravy mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until crumbley & it loses it's pink color.
- Add onion, potato, mixed vegetables, and salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add water, cover & simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cover & stir in gravy mix.
- Simmer stew until gravy begins to thicken & vegetables are tender, stirring as needed.
I made this for dinner tonight and my family loved it! I browned the turkey with some minced garlic and I substituted canned mixed veggies for the frozen ones. I also sprinkled a little bit of 2% shredded cheese on top. It was delicious!