Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Low Fat, Low Sodium, High on Flavor!
Make and share this Quick N Easy Grits and Veggie Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking grits, NOT instant
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Original Blend
- Chop vegetables. Plan ahead and stock a few plastic containers in your fridge with a supply of chopped veggies you use frequently. When you need them they are ready.
- Break egg in a bowl, use a strainer spoon to remove yolk.
- Mix all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook in microwave on High for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with a few 1/2 slice of turkey bacon and a few slices of fresh fruit.