Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This dessert dish sounds a little strange...but it is oh so good. You can make your own scratch pudding and/or frosting, but this is the short-cut version. Cook time is actually chill time.
- 42 graham crackers
- 1 (6 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 16 ounces chocolate frosting (or make your favorite recipe)
- Make pudding according to package directions.
- Chill for 10 minutes.
- While pudding is chilling, whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the prepared pudding.
- Layer as follows in a baking sheet.
- Layer one: graham cracker sheets (should take 14).
- Layer two: 1/2 of the pudding mixture.
- Layer three: graham cracker sheets.
- Layer four: remaining pudding mixture.
- Layer five: remaining graham cracker sheets.
- Layer six: frosting.
- (Hint: It is easier to frost each of the top layer's graham crackers before placing them on the dessert, and then smooth the frosting over to make one smooth top.) Place pan in refrigerator to set up for about 30 minutes.
- Once frosting has set, cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours, or overnight.
Easy and delicious!
This is a great recipe to take to a potluck. I've always had wonderful luck with this one.