Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good friend gave me this recipe about 3 years ago. Have enjoyed it ever since
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- In a large non-stick fry pan, melt butter, stir in curry powder and cook and stir for 5 minutes to develop flavor of the curry powder.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic; cook and stir until onion is softened.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp have turned pink and are almost cooked.
- Stir in the flour until it has been absorbed.
- Add sour cream and whipping cream, stirring all the time until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Seve immediately over rice.
WOW this is a keeper!!! It is quick and easy and also fantastic. Beware though. . . your house will have that terrific aroma for a while. Glad you shared this one Dave.
This was easy to make, but my husband thought it very bland. I followed the recipe exactly.
very easy to make my family enjoyed it.