Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
its simple easy and yummy if you dont go wrong anywhere(i know you wont)...and i know you all will like it too...goes well with idli sambhar
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut (no dried one please)
- 4 green chilies (use red chilli powder if you want the color)
- 1⁄4 medium onion
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 curry leaves
- grind together the coconut, chillies and the onion to form a very smooth paste.
- heta oil in a wok, crackle the mustard seeds and add the curry leaves, pour in the coconut paste mixed with salt.
- add water to adjust the consistency as per your desire.
- remove from fire"DO NOT BOIL OR OVER HEAT"-- serve.
Nisha, great recipe for spicy coconut chutney! I love gujurati food and malayalee food. You are fortunate to enjoy both in your home. I locate those recipes on ndtvcooks.com, regards, Cathy