Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick, easy, healthy, versatile and makes the recipe makes a large quantity. And my toddler loves it! I use my Foreman grill for the chicken and it always comes out juicy, tender and delicious. Is also a good vegetarian dish; almost any steam-able veggie can be added. Pineapple with juice can be added for sweetness. Can be served as a side dish, entree, or wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
- Begin rice preparation. (Olive Oil is added to rice at start).
- While rice is cooking, cook chicken.
- Dice and steam vegetables. Reserve steaming liquid.
- Dice chicken.
- When rice is finished, mix all diced ingredients with rice and soy sauce.
- Add steaming liquid until rice is desired consistency.
- Instead of reserved steaming liquid, add pineapple and juice.
- Mix all ingredients and simmer, covered for 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.