Quick, easy, healthy, versatile and makes the recipe makes a large quantity. And my toddler loves it! I use my Foreman grill for the chicken and it always comes out juicy, tender and delicious. Is also a good vegetarian dish; almost any steam-able veggie can be added. Pineapple with juice can be added for sweetness. Can be served as a side dish, entree, or wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups brown rice, prepared
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 6 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 16 ounces pineapple, diced, with juice
- 1Begin rice preparation. (Olive Oil is added to rice at start).
- 2While rice is cooking, cook chicken.
- 3Dice and steam vegetables. Reserve steaming liquid.
- 4Dice chicken.
- 5When rice is finished, mix all diced ingredients with rice and soy sauce.
- 6Add steaming liquid until rice is desired consistency.
- 8Instead of reserved steaming liquid, add pineapple and juice.
- 9Mix all ingredients and simmer, covered for 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed, stirring frequently.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick N' Easy Chicken Stir "fry"
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 37.1 mg
- Sodium 413.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g