Recipe by LMillerRN
For even more flavor, sprinkle pizza with chopped cooked bacon and chopped fresh cilantro before adding the cheese.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) packages chicken breasts, strips
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- hickory flavored barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté first 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain well.
- Unroll pizza crust; press or pat into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake crust at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes. Spread 1/2 cup barbecue sauce evenly over top of pizza crust in pan. Arrange chicken strips evenly over barbecue sauce, top with onion mixture, and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish, if desired. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.