Recipe by Marie
Dessert in a flash with the ease of canned cherry pie filling. Other fruit fillings can be substituted. Luscious!
Top Review by JLakins
I made this exactly by the directions and found that the flour mixture was overwhelming. Next time I'm going to cut the flour to 1/2 cup. I also made this using cherries canned with splenda instead of sugar because my dad is border line diabetic so cutting the flour back will also make this more diabetic friendly.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pie filling and lemon juice in 1 quart baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until top is brown and cherries are bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.