Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Dessert in a flash with the ease of canned cherry pie filling. Other fruit fillings can be substituted. Luscious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pie filling and lemon juice in 1 quart baking dish.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until top is brown and cherries are bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
I made this exactly by the directions and found that the flour mixture was overwhelming. Next time I'm going to cut the flour to 1/2 cup. I also made this using cherries canned with splenda instead of sugar because my dad is border line diabetic so cutting the flour back will also make this more diabetic friendly.
How can you go wrong with cherries ; ) This was very good and easy! Thanks marie
Quick, very good and easy! On my first try the flour mixture was poured into a bowl and there was no way I could mix it into little peas. But, on my 2nd attempt, I used whole wheat flour in place of white flour and didn't add the nuts till everything else was the texture of peas, then, added the chopped nuts and sprinkled over the pie filling. Whether it was my 1st or 2nd try, it tasted delicious! Yes, by all means, I will try it many times over and it is a keeper! Thank you, Marie for sharing! Ginger