Recipe by AprilShowers
These are a weeknight favorite of our family's and they are made from ingredients I always have on hand! I can have dinner on the table in 40 minutes from start to finish and everyone always cleans their plates!
Top Review by Kelly T.
We love the good old fashioned microwave burritos you buy at the store. When I found out I could make a better alternative at home, I was all over it (especially since I know what I'm eating that way!). This is a fun dinner that's easy and tasty. My husband loves the baked aspect and the simplicity is wonderful for a day when you don't feel like getting into a whole "ordeal". Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas (fajita size, about 6-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a tablespoon or so of Olive Oil in skillet and add garlic and onion. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned; Drain.
- Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce over medium heat; Add refried beans and mix thoroughly.
- Generously spoon beef and bean mixture into floured tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 8" x 8" square casserole dish.
- Spread any remaining filling on top and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top a few minutes prior to removing from oven or immediately after removing from oven.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, etc.