Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a weeknight favorite of our family's and they are made from ingredients I always have on hand! I can have dinner on the table in 40 minutes from start to finish and everyone always cleans their plates!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas (fajita size, about 6-inch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a tablespoon or so of Olive Oil in skillet and add garlic and onion. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned; Drain.
- Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce over medium heat; Add refried beans and mix thoroughly.
- Generously spoon beef and bean mixture into floured tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 8" x 8" square casserole dish.
- Spread any remaining filling on top and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top a few minutes prior to removing from oven or immediately after removing from oven.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, etc.
We love the good old fashioned microwave burritos you buy at the store. When I found out I could make a better alternative at home, I was all over it (especially since I know what I'm eating that way!). This is a fun dinner that's easy and tasty. My husband loves the baked aspect and the simplicity is wonderful for a day when you don't feel like getting into a whole "ordeal". Enjoy!
These burritos were great tasting. The prep time is more like 30-35 minutes for us anyway. We used whole wheat tortillas. We will make them again.