Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A quickie baked bean dish that will be a great addition to your buffet party or picnic. Goes together in minutes.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (1 lb) cansbush baked beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Cook bacon til crisp and drain, reserving 2T drippings.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Cook onion in drippings until tender.
- Add with bacon to beans, then add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Baked uncovered at 325 degrees for approximately 1 hour.
Very easy beans to put together, but we found them a little too sweet for us but they were tasty! I cheated and used "real" bacon bits instead of frying the bacon. Used veggie spray to fry the onions . Actually turned out nicely but just a little too sweet. Thanks for an easy supper.
This is exactly what I needed...a recipe that was quick and easy and tasted good. Thanks for responding to me. I made the recipe as is - EXCEPT - I forgot to buy the bacon! I just sauteed the onions in some oil and added to the beans. The beans tasted great without the bacon so I'm sure they would be fabulous with it. Next time I'll make sure and have some! If you're looking for something easy and fast, this is great. Thanks, Marie!
I ma de a half recipe of the beans and love them. After 1 hour in the oven, I turned the oven off and let them sit in the oven for another 2 hours. They came out so nice and thick and gooey, just like Derf's photo.