Lise in Indiana's Note:
I've modified a favorite mushroom recipe that bakes in a casserole. This one is done in 10 minutes on the stove top. It is a great compliment to beef or chicken, when you match your base choice to your meat. This is also a low-carb recipe that tastes very rich and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the sliced mushrooms in the butter (or oil) for 3 or 4 minutes, till juices are released.
- 2Add the beef base and stir quickly to dissolve it in the mushroom juices.
- 3Reduce heat to low and stir in the cream till well combined.
- 4Sprinkle on the Parmesan and mix gently to coat mushrooms with the cheese.
- 5Serve at once, with a well-seared medium-rare steak is suggested.
- 6Serves 6 as a side dish; serves 8 as a garnish.
- 7To serve with roast chicken, substitute chicken base for the beef base.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Mushroom Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 169.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g