Recipe by Lise in Indiana
I've modified a favorite mushroom recipe that bakes in a casserole. This one is done in 10 minutes on the stove top. It is a great compliment to beef or chicken, when you match your base choice to your meat. This is also a low-carb recipe that tastes very rich and satisfying.
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms, cleaned and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the sliced mushrooms in the butter (or oil) for 3 or 4 minutes, till juices are released.
- Add the beef base and stir quickly to dissolve it in the mushroom juices.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the cream till well combined.
- Sprinkle on the Parmesan and mix gently to coat mushrooms with the cheese.
- Serve at once, with a well-seared medium-rare steak is suggested.
- Serves 6 as a side dish; serves 8 as a garnish.
- To serve with roast chicken, substitute chicken base for the beef base.