Lise in Indiana's Note:
I've modified a favorite mushroom recipe that bakes in a casserole. This one is done in 10 minutes on the stove top. It is a great compliment to beef or chicken, when you match your base choice to your meat. This is also a low-carb recipe that tastes very rich and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the sliced mushrooms in the butter (or oil) for 3 or 4 minutes, till juices are released.
- 2Add the beef base and stir quickly to dissolve it in the mushroom juices.
- 3Reduce heat to low and stir in the cream till well combined.
- 4Sprinkle on the Parmesan and mix gently to coat mushrooms with the cheese.
- 5Serve at once, with a well-seared medium-rare steak is suggested.
- 6Serves 6 as a side dish; serves 8 as a garnish.
- 7To serve with roast chicken, substitute chicken base for the beef base.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Mushroom Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 169.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.6 g