Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy and so delicious! I received this e-mail from a Cooking Village e-mail. It's such a nice side dish or we even eat it as the main course.
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta or 8 ounces spaghetti
- Combine mushrooms and wine in a large skillet; Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook until wine is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Add cream and tarragon to mushroom mixture in skillet; Cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in green onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; Drain well.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl.
- Top with sauce and toss gently to coat.
We liked this! My sauce was a little runny, didn't reduce broth enough. Also found it slightly salty, easy to fix. But the other combo's of flavours was really nice. Thanks for sharing, we will def. make again!
This was quick & easy... I used fresh tarragon,,, added some garlic and a little ham, also some black olives.... The flavour was really good with such few ingredients... which are normally on hand. Oh.. I sprinkled a little cheese on the top... Can't wait to eat the leftover sauce tomorrow.
This was so simple and very delicious! I didn't use tarragon because I'm all out, instead i used about a tbsp of garlic powder and a tsp of thyme, and it still came out very well.I served this with lemon slices on the side and I would recommend drizzling the juice all over the pasta, it just adds on to the really tasty flavor. Thanks for a great recipe!