Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Simple seasonings, quick and hearty. A great combinaiton.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and divided
- fresh thyme sprig
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Saute mushrooms, onion, garlic, and thyme for about 7 minutes or until onion is tender and mushrooms are slightly golden; stir often.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes with liquid and white wine.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and let simmer for 15 mintues.
- In a bowl, mash 1 cup cannellini beans, with a potato masher, until smooth; add to stew pot.
- Add in the remaining beans; stir to combine.
- Cook until heated through; season with salt/pepper if desired.
- Serve with steamed rice and garnish with fresh thyme.