Simple seasonings, quick and hearty. A great combinaiton.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and divided
- fresh thyme sprig
- 1In a large pot, heat oil.
- 2Saute mushrooms, onion, garlic, and thyme for about 7 minutes or until onion is tender and mushrooms are slightly golden; stir often.
- 3Add the chicken broth, tomatoes with liquid and white wine.
- 4Bring mixture to a boil.
- 5Lower heat, cover and let simmer for 15 mintues.
- 6In a bowl, mash 1 cup cannellini beans, with a potato masher, until smooth; add to stew pot.
- 7Add in the remaining beans; stir to combine.
- 8Cook until heated through; season with salt/pepper if desired.
- 9Serve with steamed rice and garnish with fresh thyme.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Mushroom and White Bean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1524.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 20.5 g