Recipe by Noirmuse
When it was nice and hot out one spring day I decided I needed a dessert to go with my star meal. Stuffed Cornish Hen with Balsamic Reduction. I thought I have lemon pudding mix at home. What could go with that? I turned the corner in the grocery store and saw it Angel Food Cake. I didn't have a lot of time and I knew that I wouldn't finish it so I thought Cupcakes. I bought a box of Pillsbury angel food, some seedless raspberry jam, Cool whip and took it home to make it. It turned out so delicious I ended up eating half the batch. I do warn you though. You do need a large bowl because this will double in size when you add the water. And unless you're serving all of them immediately I would put the mousse in as many cupcakes as you will need at the moment. The angel food will hold and it's best cold anyway. Enjoy!
- 1 angel food cake mix
- 295.73 ml water
- 226.79 g box instant lemon pudding
- 29.58 ml seedless raspberry jam
- 226.79 g container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the angel food cake mix with the water. Just enough moisten don't over mix.
- Pour into 24 cupcake liners in cupcake tins. Don't worry if they're rather full it'll be fine.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown. About 20 minutes they won't take very long. Unfortunately the box doesn't say how long for cupcakes.
- Take them out and let them cool on a rack. While they cool mix the cool whip with the jam and then the pudding mix. It'll be stiff at first but, it's supposed to be thick.
- Cut off the top of the cupcake. Push the center down a little and spoon on a little bit of the mousse. Serve immediately.