Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Mix butter with brown sugar an
- d spread in bottom of pudding mold.
- Add fruit or nuts of choice. Prepare the cake mix with the egg and milk or water according to directions on package. Pour into a greased 2 to 2 1/2 qt pudding mold over fruit/nut mixture and cover with a lid, foil o greased double wax paper.
- Place the mold in a sauce pan of boiling water and keep the level of the water half way up mold during cooking.
- Steam for 1 1/2 hours.
- Unmold t he pudding while hot and serve with cream, ice cream, or custard.
- NOTE: When cooking for smaller numbers, make up the whole cake mix as directed, put pour only half the cake batter into a 1 1/2 qt mold and steam for 1 hour.
- Alternately, fill individual molds and steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Bake remaining cake batter.